Thursday, January 15, 2015

Camp Crusaders! - The Thirteenth Hat / Batman Stands Pat


Batman, Season One, Episodes 13-14
 
Personal Rating: B

Villain Spotlight:
David Wayne’s Mad Hatter is quite entertaining.  A hypnotizing top hat?  Yes, please!  And what a mustache!

Social Commentary:
“Few men die of threats, Robin.”  Take that, um, threateners.

Mrs. Monteagle, regarding the abduction of a milliner: “You know, I’m sure the communists had something to do with this.”

The Zen of Camp:
Robin: “Clues are always helpful.”

Mad Hatter: “Yes, a fez.  I’ll dye him red.  I’ll buy myself a camel and go riding off into the desert wearing a tribal chieftain’s flowing robes and Batman on my head…. My idle flights of fancy, my little day dreams…”

Other Cool Stuff:
Alfred’s enthusiasm as being given an assignment by Batman:  “If I may be allowed, sir… Roger!”

The Bowladrome.

Notes:
Well, I’m not sure if doting henchwomen can be admired by right-thinking feminists, but when Diane McBain’s Lisa says “Oh, you pixie!” to the dapper Mad Hatter, it’s pretty darn funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment